Sunday, September 14, 2008

Never Judge a Book By its Cover

First impressions are important mainly because loads of people put way too much faith in them.

Idioms like, "never judge a book by it’s cover," are just ideal. But the saying, "you'll never get a second chance to make a first impression," is the unfortunate reality of our world. Really, though, the saying should be something like "make your first impressions count, because the vast majority of humanity will never take the opportunity to revise the opinions they form from that first encounter."

I hate to see how many people judge other by just the way they look. I know people who are worth more than saying “he’s prick” or “he’s an Idiot”. I know all of us have our own busy lives and we don’t have the time to get to know somebody and hence have started making assumptions about others whom we know nothing or very less about. But this is not a good justification for what we do today.

I am strong believer of words rather then the music in a song. It’s the words that create a meaning to the music. I recently heard somebody say this in Tamil-

“Poiyaga nee yenai Kathalithal,
Meiyaga Uyir thirapen Naan”

Meaning – “Lie to me that you Love me, I will give my life away for real”. The reason I brought this up is that beauty is not just in the way people look and dress but something beyond that. We have heard people say “Beauty lies in the beholder’s eyes” and this beauty is all about features and looks but I believe it’s the character which adds spice to this beauty. At this point I remember seeing a movie “Anbe Sivam” in Tamil, Where a handsome looking guy suspects a bad looking guy to be a terrorist and calls the police and it’s only later after spending weeks with him that he gets know what a character and personality the bad looking guy was!!

The overall essence of what I have been going on about is that people are worth lot more than just of how they look, which race they are from. What cultural background they are from, which religion they believe in. What, we are doing today is an absolute stupidity and we have no idea what we are missing in life.

So Guys start thinking “Nobody is good in everything” and “Everybody has something to offer you”, you will definitely stop judging people and wait till you see the best out of them.

2 comments: